Monday, July 01, 2019

Disney World Day 1--Travel Day

Day 1/travel day was a little more eventful than we expected. Up at 3am. Mom and Dad M. kindly took us to the airport. The flight went well. We got into our cute, Cars-themed room and then took the bus to Disney Springs. We walked around, did some shopping and bought a Christmas ornament souvenir at the cute little Christmas store. We ate dinner at The Blaze, a wood-fired pizza place, and shared sundaes at Ghirardelli before we headed back to the hotel. Greg and the kids took a quick dip in the pool and came in to get ready for bed...and I spent the next two and a half hours at urgent care at a random walk-in clinic in Orlando. I started feeling icky as we were walking around, but I couldn't decide if it was the heat and humidity or if something really was wrong. As the evening went on, I became more convinced that I needed to go get medical attention. I researched nearby clinics, made some phone calls, and went outside wait for the urgent care transport van. Not the way I planned my first night on vacation! The shabby, un-magical clinic I arrived at became very magical when they eventually gave me antibiotics for a UTI and meds to help me feel better quicker. I took my very first taxi ride back to our hotel at 11:30pm, accompanied by a too-friendly, chatty Moroccan taxi driver. I was praying as he drove that I would make it back safely. I took the last photo as I was walking back in to our room with my sleeping family. I was so glad to not miss out and to get treated and all squared away quickly. 









  

 



 


 
















No comments: