Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Glad the election is over--isn't everyone?

We had the TV on after dinner yesterday, keeping an eye on the election results as they came in. For many months now, since she first heard it (it's been a long campaign!), Kari's had a facination with our now president-elect's name. I explained that he and John McCain both wanted to be president and told her who I was voting for and that she should give John McCain his fair share of advertising in our house. So, last night she and Joel ran around the house chanting, "John McCain! Barack Obama!"
Barack Obama it is, and while I didn't vote for him, I can respect him as our president, and I can pray for him as he leads our country.

1 comment:

Faith said...

That is so funny. Peyton has loved his name from the first time she heard it! I kept trying to get her to love McCain's name...guess it's not quite as fun to say:)