Monday, December 15, 2008

Part 2, Polka-Dot Princess Party

Kari's 5th birthday party, "Polka-Dot Princess" theme, was Saturday afternoon, and we had all the family over to celebrate. Last year she choose an apple tree party . This year she went a little more mainstream, and we had to think of ways to combine polka-dots and princesses. I had fun with it. We didn't realize we were setting a precendent last year when we decorated the house during the kids' "rest time" and made our funny little apple tree in the corner. Kari let us know that she was very excited for when she got to come out of her room and see the house all decorated for her party. Greg and I worked hard scattering polka dots all over the walls and furniture, and she was pleased with our efforts once again. Phew!
The polka-dot princess cake
(I learned some things in making this cake twice--now I know better for next time...)
Wearing their self-decorated polka-dot crowns (FYI-glue dots do NOT stick very well to foam).
Playing the polka-dot game (Twister). Uncle Eric got in on the fun, and 3-year-old Maggie really got into it, twisting her body into awkward positions, just as the game creators intended.




I love Kari's face in this one--pure glee!
Thanks for coming, everyone! Kari loved her party.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Megan said...

You guys do such a great job making birthday parties special! Happy birthday Keri! That last picture is awesome! Her face says it all.

Jenne said...

What a fun party for Kari. I can't believe she is five!! Kindergarten HERE WE COME!!!

Faith said...

What an adorable cake and party! How did you do that? Peyton has already informed me that she will be having a princess doll cake and I am clueless as to how to do that!

Greg and Andrea said...

It's the Wilton Wonder Mold Doll Cake pan. I got it at Michaels. The cake pan makes the skirt, and it comes with the doll to stick in the top. I have it if you'd like to borrow it!

Wilson Family said...

Wow, looks like so much fun! Can I hire you to put on Kenneth's birthday?? =)