Monday, January 28, 2008

Snowy Drive to the ER

Greg took a drive through the falling snow after midnight to the emergency room with Joel last night. Turns out Joel has an ear infection--his first one since tubes were put in a year ago. We couldn't get him to stop crying last night, and he was obviously in pain (kept saying "ouch" and "I hurt"), just couldn't tell us where. He pointed to various body parts when we asked what hurt. Poor little guy was miserable, and we were miserable because nothing was helping him. I was relieved when Greg called from the pharmacy and said it was his ears.

Joel's drugged up and doing ok this morning. I let him go outside to play in the snow with Kari. I didn't have the heart to keep him inside when we only get snow like this once or twice a year! They had a great time. Now it's nap time. Only Kari got more than four hours of sleep last night--slept through it all, crazy girl.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Eric 'n Leah said...

Well, I think a blog comment might be more welcome than a phone call today....SO,
I hope you are starting to feel better Joel! AND that you are getting some good rest this afternoon Andrea... I'll talk to you soon.
:-) Leah

Pate Family said...

I hope your all having a good nap. So sorry for the little guy. The picture of Kari up close is a beautiful picture!

Ellie said...

Poor Joel! By the looks of the pictures, he's feeling much better though. Oh, and I love your hat, Kari!