Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Potty Training and Play

We are six days into our attempt to potty train Joel. It started as a trial run, just to see if he was ready and if it might be possible for him to work on it before the baby comes. While it's been exhausting, I have to say I think he's ready and might be able to do it if I can stick with it. We'll see what happens in the coming weeks.
He has amazing control when he wants to. There have been way more successes than accidents, and he'll go every time we take him. He loves his big boy underwear, and he loves the rewards and all the praise. He also loves being like his big sister, Kari, and hearing her loud, boisterous cheers every time he goes. :)
Sporting the "Thomas" undies
Clothes have been optional this last week.
I've been pretty tired and out of it lately, but Greg has risen to the occasion. Yesterday when he got home from work, he helped the kids put on a fashion show (at Kari's request). They LOVED it.
The kids have really been enjoying all the new things from Christmas. Kari's been doing "crafts" like crazy, and Joel has finally discovered the fun of the "boy" toys. He's been playing with his new cars, trucks, and race track constantly.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Pate Family said...

So stinking cute! Good luck with P.T.- hope it goes really well.

Wilson Family said...

You are so brave! I've been inspired by you and thought I'd try to start working with Aidan...... He's pretty good at going potty in the toilet, but after having #2 on the floor and then another in his training underware, I think I'll give it a little bit longer before I go gunhoe. I absolutely dread potty training!!!

Tricia Swift said...

hey I have ahd the some thought about Clay! I am considering trying to do it before baby, but I may be getting to close now! so great for you, two in diapers sound expensive!