Monday, January 14, 2008

PT Update

We've been potty training for a week and a half now, and Joel's doing great. We've had multiple days without accidents, and he's actually telling us now when he has to go. The two Skittle incentive, as opposed to one, did the trick. I know "they" say you shouldn't use food as the reward, blah, blah, but in this house, stickers just don't quite cut it when it comes to the potty. We are very excited that he's doing so well in such a relatively short time (didn't feel short, but it really was). I know we've still got a ways to go. I'm just happy we won't have to be buying diapers for two children at the same time. Trial-run is over. We're on our way to mastery now!

5 comments:

Wilson Family said...

Yippee! Congrats! I'm jealous!!

Eric 'n Leah said...

You think you're jealous....!

Jenne said...

I am glad you are seeing such quick success. After the initial three intense days of training my boys, I am always geared up for about 6 months (or more) of reminding and taking them potty every few hours. We had very few accidents, but there were many months of every couple hours saying, "It's time to go potty!" They say you train your kids, but at least half of the training is parental!

What a magical time it is when they suddenly begin going on their own, only calling out to you to wipe them. And now, I can't tell you the last time I was familiar enough with my oldest's BM to describe their daily consistency.

Pate Family said...

You are my potty training hero! After my disasterous 8 years-okay months-but it seemed like years, with Hudson, I'm just sending Camden over to you.

Greg and Andrea said...

I'm afraid I can't take the glory. I haven't had much to do with Joel's success. Kari might be able to take some credit, though. :)