Sunday, January 20, 2008

2 Years

Joel, this was you two years ago today--all 9 lbs 4 oz of you, and you were so cute! (And yes, Grandpa, he was cute, even as a newborn.)
Here we all are together. Kari wasn't too sure what to think about you at first, but she loved her new baby brother.

I think back to that first week we had you home, and I can't help but remember that horrible day when we had to take you in the ambulance to the hospital when you were just 7 days old. I'm so thankful that you were ok and that the doctors eventually pronounced you normal, healthy, and strong. It sure was scary when we were going through it!

You've always been such a smily little tike. (I had lots of smiles to choose from for my collage.) And since you didn't move around much until you were over a year old, I got lots of good Joel-boy smiles for the camera. Funny to think that you were so immobile when you're so mobile now! Your family will always remember the Joel "scoot" and how you never did crawl, until right after you learned to walk, and I took you down the slide and hurt your leg, that is. Then you couldn't walk and had to crawl to get around for a while. Again, sorry about that.

I'm so glad God sent you to be a part of our family. You bring us so much joy, and Kari wouldn't know what to do with herself if you weren't around. No one can make you laugh like she can. I know you're going to be a wonderful big brother to Aubrey. You're getting to be such a big boy now--no more binky, sleeping in the "big" bed, potty-training. It's hard to believe our little Joel-boy is two years old and speaking in full sentences. We love you so very much!

Happy birthday, Joel!

(double-click to see these smiles up close)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

rdnaharding said...

Happy Birthday Joel!! By the way, my favorite Joel picture is the second one over, second one down! I love that one!
Love, Nicole

Wilson Family said...

What a cutie! He sure is photogenic! Happy Birthday Joel!