Monday, June 28, 2021

Tennis Camp

Three of the four kids were involved in tennis camp this year. Kari would have been there, too, but she was in Mexico that week. Joel helped run the boys camp, since he's on the high school tennis team, and Grant attended as a camper. We invited his friend, Bennet, to give tennis a try that week, too, and he liked it! Aubrey went to the girls camp in the morning, then I dropped Joel off when I picked her up, and then an hour later we picked up Bennet and dropped off both boys at camp. I came back two and a half hours later to pick up all three boys. I ended up driving to Barlow 5 times a day most of that week, except one day I drove there 6 times. I'm pretty sure the construction guys working on Chase Rd thought I was crazy, driving back and forth all day long. It was great for the kids the have something to do, especially after this last year-plus of shut-down. Joel loved coaching the little kids. He had a blast helping. And it was really hot the first couple days--99 degrees in the afternoon! We laughed about his forehead tan line he developed from wearing his hat backwards each day that week. 

I failed to get photos of Aubrey and her friends. They had a great time, too, and they were very happy their camp was in the morning when it was cooler. 









No comments: