Monday, June 28, 2021

Tamawana Falls

Hiked with the Wilsons on a lovely Saturday morning. Great to have adventurous friends! Kari played her "jolly" (bluegrass) music for us in the van the whole way there and back. Our kids are funny. 

I found myself reflecting on how thankful I was that Greg was able to hike with us again and thinking back to a year ago. 

This was my FB post a few days after that hike:

June 25: It was one year ago today that Greg got the dreaded “you have cancer” call. In the last several weeks I’ve thought a lot about life a year ago. It was still the beginning of COVID, but our minds were more occupied with Greg’s pain and health issues. It was an anxious time of waiting. We knew there was something very wrong, but it took a few weeks to get the right tests and diagnosis. There aren’t words to describe the sinking feeling of hearing those awful words from the doctor.
It was also one year ago today, however, that God had us surrounded by friends and family, even that very night, who encouraged us and knew to just “be there.” I am so very thankful that we are through and on the other side of that time—done and recovered from surgery and chemo. Greg is back to feeling himself and was able to hike with us last weekend with no issues. We’re back to me being the one lagging behind our speedy kids. 😊 There are more tests and more results in our future, but right now I want to take the time to remember and to be thankful. God is good, and he is faithful!







No comments: