Sunday, September 25, 2011

Honey-do

After two soccer games and after changing the brake pads on the van, Greg finished hanging all our bikes in the garage with these nifty pulleys AND was able to pull his car in next to the van! We had a goal of getting both cars in the garage before the bad weather hit, so we're way ahead of schedule. As you can see, we still have a lot of work to do getting things organized (need to build Greg a work bench and some shelving), but at least we were able to scratch the bike task off the list. Do you like my use of "we?" Really, it's mostly Greg. He even got a bunch of random things done like hanging hooks, sconces, a mirror--all things on the house to-do list. Thank you, my love! :)

Doesn't it look hilarious to see six bikes hanging from the ceiling? It's a beautiful sight in our eyes.






















The other accomplishment of the weekend was getting the stripes finished in Grant's room. I didn't realize when I started (weeks ago) just how much work painting stripes can be, especially when you want perfectly straight lines with no leaking paint spots...and when you're painting your one-year-old's room who only naps well in his own crib and goes to bed by 7pm.  I spent a lot of time fixing every little stray speck with my tiny paintbrush, but it's finished, and I like it!

2 comments:

Wilson Family said...

Nice work Greg! ~Andy

Anonymous said...

I'm all for being organized myself. Good work there Greg. Come over and help Peter with our garage. :)
Mrs. G