Monday, September 12, 2011

Joel's first day of Kindergarten

Joel LOVED his first day of kindergarten. He said he didn't miss us at all. There was no drama with his drop-off. We walked him in (still can't believe I dropped Kari off at the curb on her first day of K. Never should have listened when they told us not to walk our kids in. I was a "newbie" parent then but know better now! I will ALWAYS walk my kids in on their first day, as long as they still want me to); he put his stuff away on his own, sat down, and started coloring the paper at his seat. We said good-bye, gave hugs, and I walked out. It was great. I didn't even have any tears. He is so happy to be going to school that I can't help but be happy for him.

Uh-oh, I paused in my writing, started thinking, and now I feel a wistful twinge of sadness welling up. Better stop writing. Now. That's what I get for sitting down and relaxing after a hectic day.

Joel-boy, even though it hurts my heart a little to see you so independent and "old," I'm proud of you and so glad you get to go to school and do big kid things like you've wanted to for so long. I know you'll do great this year!

3 comments:

The Alley Family said...

Good job mom! What a sweet picture of Joel, glad your kids are both doing well with the start of school!

Thanks so much for all of your prayers and concern for us this past week, I so appreciate it!
Megan is doing so well this week, so yeah! I think I need a week to recover:)
Bless you!

Anonymous said...

You will be ok there mom. Joel will do well in school with parents like you.
Mrs. G

G&G Viertell said...

FINALLY! Huh Joel! Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend! Andrea, I still have trouble leaving everytime we head home! I guess Mom stuff never ends! Love to you all! Gramma Jann