Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo...

We took advantage of the cooler morning today and headed to the zoo. A lady passing by volunteered to take our photo, so I let her. The kids always have to come say hello to the fake bears before we go see the real animals. (See Aubrey's blue shoe? That's the last we saw of it. She kicked it off somewhere between here and the sea lions, and we never did find it and neither did "lost & found." Thankfully, I had an extra pair of sandals in the diaper bag. Not sure why they were in there, but I'm glad they were! It could have been a very long morning with no shoes for my toddler.)


"lunch" at 10:45am. There's something about the zoo (maybe all the walking) that makes us hungry really early. The kids were asking about lunch at 9:45am, not long after we arrived, but I held them off for another hour.
I'm too busy holding and lifting up kids to take photos at the animal exhibits, so I end up with more with the fake ones. We did get to see the real elephants, too, though. Kari and Joel are excited to see the lion exhibit when it's finally finished. They ask every time we go if we can see the lions. Not yet, kids, not yet, but hopefully soon.


2 comments:

Cheryl Licht said...

So cute, your kids are! I'm glad you got to have fun at the zoo. And I'm sorry about the lost shoe, it was cute....

Tricia Swift said...

so fun I think we need a zoo trip soon! very cute pictures and it doesn't look too crowed the background. your windows on your house look great too!