Sunday, November 15, 2020

Room Switch

One Saturday while I was helping a friend move, the girls decided they wanted to switch rooms. Kari offered to switch with Aubrey, mostly because she was bored, I think, but also because she wanted a smaller space and smaller bed. Aubrey agreed to it because she's always wanted Kari's big walk-in closet. To say I was not pleased about this arrangement is an understatement. I had just spent a whole day packing, moving, and cleaning. A room switch sounded like a ton of work and something that was going to mess things up. The girls had their rooms just the way they liked them, and we had painted and arranged just for them. Greg said to let them try it, though, so we gave it a trial of a week or so. They moved their clothes and most of their things, but didn't do anything with the walls and decor. They both still wanted to make the switch after the trial week, so I dove into it with them. I was right about it being a lot of work--removing Aubrey's lights along the ceiling (and the adhesive they left behind), rearranging, taking everything off the walls, filling the nail holes, touch-up painting, replacing ribbons and colors on signs, and then rehanging everything. We made a trip to Hobby Lobby to find some new things for Aubrey's room and brought some friends along, which was fun. We finished off the trip with a stop at Chick-Fil-A on the way home. Both girls seem to be happy with their new arrangement, and while I still don't really understand why they did it, I'm happy with how it all turned out. 






No comments: