Sunday, November 22, 2020

Fall/Winter Tree

COVID had me feeling the need for a little sparkle in our home, so after Halloween, I bought a new fake "upstairs" tree (the one we had was old, ugly, and had been free--threw it away) an set it up downstairs in the front room with white lights on it. It was so cheery! My family gave me a bit of a hard time about a "Christmas" tree before Thanksgiving, but they all kind of liked it, too. We called it the Fall/Winter Tree. Greg gave it a Thanksgiving Headbands crown to be clear about its role as a non-Christmas tree. We were half fall, half Christmas for about a week, as I started getting out some of the Christmas stuff and changing out my kitchen curtains and living room throw pillow covers. Only during COVID would something like this happen around here. I'm not normally one to mix my seasons! 

Greg managed to get all the outdoor lights up the weekend before Thanksgiving. I wasn't sure he'd even feel up to doing them at all this year. I was pleasantly surprised and thankful when he decided to do it. It took two sessions, but he harnessed up and got it done.  






No comments: