Monday, November 02, 2020

Distance Learning Sub Job

In October I accepted a sub job for a teacher at Barlow who was going to be out for one week on medical leave. One week turned into 2 weeks and a day, and it was all-consuming. I experienced a steep learning curve with Google Classroom and all the online teaching platforms. It was quite the whirlwind. I've never worked that many hours as a sub before. I had all kinds of technical issues and wifi problems that made it extra stressful, and students submitted assignments at all hours of the day, which meant I received hundreds of emails every day. I was constantly on the computer(s), trying to get caught up and ready for each class. I was thankful for the opportunity to work and earn money, but I was so relieved to hand it all back over to the teacher at the end of those two weeks! Greg called my work space the "war room." :-) 



No comments: