Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sweet family time

A couple weeks ago we had the privilege of hosting my Aunt Sondra, my cousin Cheryl, and her youngest little boy, Kaelin, for six days. They came down from Alaska for a visit and for another cousin's wedding (Daylan--no pictures to show but good wedding!). It was a wonderful six days of chatting, catching up, sharing, and laughing. I've described it to several people as "food for my soul," and I treasured every bit of it.

Grant and Kaelin got along very well, especially considering they are two and not-quite-two years old. They played nicely and became friends. The only time they didn't get along so well was when they were playing trains. Kaelin was very serious about his train play, and Grant thought it was fun to get in his way and mess things up sometimes. They really did have a lot of fun together, though, when Grant wasn't being a stinker. They liked playing on the trampoline together and thought it was great fun to copy each other--so cute!



One night we went over to my parents' house, where my grandparents were staying, for a BBQ, and the kids played in the sprinklers. We had a few HOT (90's) days that week.

After church on Sunday we went back over to my parents' for lunch and some more family time. The wedding was Saturday, and Darris and Debbie were in still in town, so they joined us and brought along Debbie's brother. Good to see them, too. The kids played in the jeep and on Grandpa's "tractors" all afternoon.


This is one of my new favorite photos. Russell and Grant have so much fun together. Gotta love cousins!

Kaelin thought the jeep was pretty cool. He sat in there a long time!



I like this one of Aubrey and her "corsage" from Great Grandma.

The kids played this game for a long time. Kaelin ran beside the wagon while Aubrey pulled Grant and Russell in a circle around the jeep. He took a turn in the wagon, too, at one point but decided he liked running better. All three little boys laughed and laughed.

I think this a great picture.  Uncle Darris, Aunt Sondra, and Dad--three of the five Arnold siblings.

The jeep was their family vehicle when they were growing up (hard to believe they all fit in there!), and they were reminiscing about various outings and trips when we took this photo. Lots of memories in that old thing, I mean, this beautiful work of automobile craftsmanship. ;)

Not the greatest picture, but I had to document the fact that they really did stay with me. :) It truly was a delightful visit--such a treat. Love you, Sondra and Cheryl!

1 comment:

Cheryl Licht said...

I love you too. Sniffles. :-) One of the best trips EVER, I keep telling people it was better than amazing! I'm so thankful for my family!