Saturday, January 15, 2011

To infinity and beyond!!!

Greg comes home today! Yeah!!! He's been in Ireland for the last week on a business trip again, the second one there in the last seven months. This time was MUCH better for all involved. Greg's time there was more profitable this time, at least from what I've heard thus far, and our time at home was a lot easier. Two things factored into the easier time at home:
1) the length of the trip was cut in half
2) I was not 8 months pregnant this time!

Last time Greg was gone he sent emails to the kids from "Andy Monkey," and this time he did something similar but took "Buzz Lightyear" with him this time instead. He may be a little embarrassed that I put them on the blog, but I make a book out of each year's blog posts, and I want them to be included. The kids LOVED the emails. The looks on their faces when I read them the very first one were priceless.

January 8, 2011
Kari, Joel, Aubrey, and Grant:

It is I, THE Buzz Lightyear of Star command, and I bring you important news! My commander, the honorable Andy (known to you as Andy Monkey), has given me a very serious and important mission.

Andy has recieved intelligence proving that your father is leaving on a grand adventure, and as he is getting older, does not feel as though he has the ability to watch over you Dad. So he has assigned me the action to follow and protect your Dad at all costs. It is a great challenge that I have accepted as my burden.
Joel, I hope you understand that I only left you to complete this special mission and will be returning home to you upon completion. It is my goal to make you proud, sir! In the middle of the night, I snuck out of my toy bin and stowed away inside your father's emergency rations tote.


As far as I can tell, we are currently at the local space port, bound to board some sort of airborne transport. I will keep you posted with updates and photos throughout my mission.
For now, this is Buzz Lightyear of Star command, signing off.
To infinity, and beyond!!

P.S. Your father would like me to tell you that he sends his love to all of you, and especially the lovely Andrea Diane.



January 10, 2011 Star log 20110110
Hello Space Cadets,

I am reporting from the strange land which the natives call 'Ireland'. I find the landscape to be dark, stormy with much ice in the morning. The primary heat source of this land is the sun, much like the sun back home. I wonder if it is the same sun. Do you happen to know? I would like to use whatever facts I can determine, as it may help me to defeat Emporer Zurg.
I overheard your Dad talking about 'the plant' this morning. I am unsure about what the plant is, but I figured that it might provide me a clue as to Zurg's location. So I made it my goal to sneak along.

As you can see from the pictures, I am sleeping well. I have taken to using the same bed that Andy monkey slept in on his trip here. 


When I woke up this morning, I saw that your father was rinsing his body in water. I asked him what the peculiar hosing down of oneself was called, and he told me it was a shower. I decided to try it and found it was refreshing.


Next, I determined that I needed nourishment, but none of the food here is compatible with my system. Fortunately, I scavenged through your Dad's rescue pack and found emergency rations to hold me over.


As he was leaving, I decided to sneak in the vehicle. This ride is some sort of ground rover that the humans refer to as a car. It was a bit tricky getting up, but once I was on I hung on and snuck into your Dad's rescue pack.

I will report on my findings later this week, as I believe I may have found some clues, and I am going back tomorrow.
I thought I saw Woody and Bullseye today, but when I ran up to them they were only fake dolls that were speaking Spanish. I said "hello" and the return greeting was, "HOLA BUZZ Mi Amigo!"

I ran away with my laster pointed.

Alright little space rangers, I must re-charge my batteries for another day tomorrow. Please play well, protect your mother and the homestead from the evil Zurg while I am away, and remember that your Daddy loves you very much!!! He told me himself.


Until I write again,
Buzz Lightyear out......
 
 
 
January 11, 2011
Star Log 20110111:
Today was an eventful day. I believe that I have almost solved the mystery of the Evil Zurg! While your Father was bathing and eating, I logged onto his portable computing machine and hacked the plans for the entrance to Zurg's secret cave. This picture shows me typing away, breaking the secret code to show the coordinates for the super-secret entrance. And it shows baby Grant. What a cute kid.



Next, I jumped into the rescue pack and hitched a ride over to the plant. I then scurried out of the vehicle, and ran to the secret entrance coordinates undetected. I tried to access the super-secret portal, but I could not find it, no matter how hard I tried. I even used my special suction cups to climb up the side!




Undaunted, I looked around and noticed a rather suspicious vent and ducting. SPACE RANGERS, I FOUND IT!!
I climbed up, and used my laser to enter the ducting, just like we were told in TOY STORY 2.
 I knew I was close, I came out of the ducting inside the plant. 

Stealthily, I weaved and bobbed through the factory, not sure of what I would find...


Stay tuned tomorrow for the next portion of my story. I am unable to release this information today, as it is still too volatile an environment, and I need to go back and get some firm proof of Zurg's evil plans that I suspect.
To infinity, and BEYOND!!

P.S. I want you to, I mean, your Dad wants you to give that very attractive mother of yours a bit hug and a smooch for him. And he loves all of you little space cadets very much, and will call today sometime.

Buzz out



January 14, 2011
Star log 20110114
Hello Space Rangers!
Buzz lightyear reporting in. I have been hard are work to intercept whatever evil plans the infamous Zurg has, and I have found some interesting discoveries.
I was sneaking around the plant undetected by using your Father's cranial heat dampener (he calls it a snow hat). 

 I came to a suspicious looking cargo transport and viewed from afar.

As the cargo transport came close to my location, I ran and flew onto the rear of the craft! I was now on the transport and travelling at warp speed 0.2.

 
As I was traveling along on the transport, I was looking for clues as to the whereabouts of Zurg. I continued to look as I traveled. Suddenly, from out of nowhere a large hand grabbed me and stuck me into a dark room. It was as dark as your laundry room with all the lights out.
As the room opened up, a hand grabbed me and pulled me out. I realized that I had been traveling in your Dad's rescue pack! It was he who grabbed me. He asked me what I was doing running around the 'plant' as he calls it. I explained my adventure looking for the evil Zurg. He said 'Silly Buzz, Zurg does not live here! This is a forklift plant, and I am here working!' I was stunned. He then showed me what a 'forklift' was, and I even got my picture taken on one.


It turns out that this was the transport that I was riding on earlier, and I didn't even know it!After getting over my initial dissapointment, I remembered that Zurg will always be there for me to defeat. I also took satisfaction in knowing that I protected your father as my mentor, Andy monkey, had asked. Please tell him for me that I have completed my mission, and that I will be bringing your father home with me tomorrow.
Thanks Space Rangers, for listening to my story.


To Infinity and Beyond!!!!
Buzz

P.S. Your Dad says that he loves you and can't wait to see you in another two days!

No comments: