Thursday, September 09, 2010

First day of preschool

Joel has been waiting for this day for what seems like an eternity to him. He finally gets to go to school like Kari, have a teacher like Kari, carry a backpack like Kari... you get the idea. He even drew a picture of an apple (all his idea) to give to his teacher. He was so cute. When I walked him in to his class he put his stuff away, found his seat, and got right to work. He knows how this school thing works.

The big smile I got when I peaked my head around the door to pick him up made my day. And unlike his big sister, he told me all about everything that went on this morning at school--such a wealth of information! (We know practically nothing about Kari's school days, and I may never know, because this year I am not able to volunteer regularly in the classroom like I did last year.) Joel is still remembering new things to tell me about throughout the day. I'm eating it up. :) I asked him if there were a lot of kids that he knew (there are) and he said, "Mom, I know ALL the kids in the class, but...I don't know their names."

I am so happy that he is already loving preschool. I am already impressed with his teacher, too. Mrs. Mitchell, or "Mitch-wull" as Joel says it, started off well. I think it's going to be a good experience for our Joel-boy.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mark Moffat said...

What a good job Joel!

Mars said...

So cute! I love that he loves it and he looks so proud of himself. :)

Cheryl Licht said...

Yay! And I'm so glad he talks. Brayden won't tell me anything that goes on at preschool (I feel your pain with the tight lips :-) and I'm glad I have Evan because he will give me all the details.