Thursday, September 03, 2009

Soccer Practice

I remembered the camera this week, but I discovered two things. One, that I need more practice with sports photography. All my photos of Kari are blurry and out of focus. Two, I can't snap photos and watch my other two children at the same time. Aubrey kept running out into the field with all the big kids, and Joel ran off to the bathroom (port-a-potty) without my knowing and was all the way across the field before I noticed. So, with the safety of my children in mind, I may have to limit my photography. We'll see if I can get better at multi-tasking.
We only have one more practice before the jamboree (still not sure what that means, but I think they do some scrimmaging, which means they need to sort of know what they're doing), so we'll see how much Coach Greg and Coach Mike can accomplish in one little 45 minute practice. These kids are NOT ready to play a real game. It's going to be hilarious.

This how Joel entertained himself for a while this week during soccer practice. Joel, Aubrey, and I don't have to go, but it's kind of fun with the nice weather and all. Once it gets rainy we'll probably just go to the games and be cold and wet once a week instead of twice a week. (BTW, for those who have asked, we still don't have a game schedule, but we do know the games are on Saturday mornings)
Blurry Kari running (her friend Ellie is in the yellow shirt)
Miss run-out-in-the-field-every-chance-I-get Aubrey

Working on some skills
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Eric 'n Leah said...

Dude, who is the chica in green? She dwarfs Kari!!!

Pate Family said...

I have yet to figure out the whole camera thing with 3 kids. My pictures are less frequent and not nearly as good. I have considered using a belt to attach my younger kids to their chairs during soccer games. It is even worse on bleachers at basketball games. Kari looks like a natural out there!