Sunday, August 24, 2008

Quite the Weekend

Greg ran in the Hood to Coast Relay this weekend on a team with a bunch of friends from church. He got back late Saturday night, and while he was hurting (all the guys were!), he had a great time, and I'm proud of him. He ran three legs, a total of almost 14 miles, and his first one was a brutal all-downhill stretch from the base of Mt. Hood. Check out the Wilson's blog for some photos of Van #1 before they left.

Meanwhile, back at home Friday night, I fell victim to the awful virus that has plagued our family for the last two weeks. I broke the Glover's (and probably many other households') mom-is-not-allowed-to-get-sick rule. It's ridiculous how long these germs survive! I washed sheets, cleaned bathrooms, disinfected surfaces all over the house this week, thinking we were finally in the clear, and then a week after Kari puked all night, it was my turn. Unbelievable.

Thankfully, I have a wonderful mother-in-law who came over to take care of the kids as soon as I made my desperate phone call Saturday morning. She's already had the bug, while my mom has managed to avoid it thus far. My mom was going to be plan B.

So, we made it through the day with help, and today is recovery for both Greg and I. He took the two older kids to church this morning, and now he's snoring away on the couch. Got to get ready for another week! :)

4 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Oh Andrea - I am so sorry!
No fun:(
Funny, Mike is sleeping on the couch too.

Eric 'n Leah said...

Eric was sleeping on the couch. I moved him to the bed.
:-)

Wilson Family said...

Andy went straight for the bed and got in a nice long nap! =)

Jenne said...

I am so sorry that you had to break Ryan's cardinal rule!! I am glad you had someone to call on for help that already had gone through it. Take it easy this week so you can fully recover!!