Friday, August 22, 2008

No longer depriving my child

Aubrey is just a few days shy of 6 months, so I decided to finally give her some real food, and she liked it! I waited, for my own convenience, until after our vacations to start her on solids. She's waking up once or twice a night now (started when we were at the beach), so I'm hoping maybe this will help. I've heard it doesn't really, but we'll see. So, now it's time to start making baby food while all this fresh produce is in season!
I gave her the first few bites, and then we let Kari feed her, something Kari's been waiting to do since Aubrey was born. Kari did a great job. I'm assuming the novelty will wear off eventually, but in the meantime, we have an eager helper.


She never really smiled while she was eating, but she ate it as fast as we could shovel it in, and when it was gone, she cried, so we gave her some more.

Yumm!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wilson Family said...

Yeah! Good job Aubrey!

Jenne said...

So cute. A fun season to begin (especially AFTER vacations are done).