Monday, August 18, 2008

All choked up

I've been very teary today. It started this morning when I got the call that Paul and Karyn had their baby, a boy--Philip Samuel. I cried happy tears, so excited for them. Then this afternoon Aubrey was having a difficult time sleeping, so I held her, trying to get her to calm down. I rocked with her, and she fell asleep on my shoulder (very rare now that she naps in her crib). Tears rolled down my cheek for the second time today as I held her and thought about my baby growing up. I'm enjoying her babyhood so much, maybe because she's such a sweet little thing, or maybe just because I know she may be our last. Whatever the reason, I know I don't want it to go by quickly. Our first baby is headed to preschool in a couple weeks, so even though some days with our three little kids seem to creep along, I know the time will speed by.

I took this photo after I put her back in her crib this afternoon. See her little frown? She's sad about growing up, too. (Actually, she just didn't appreciate the flash from my camera.)



The way this day is going, I'll probaby cry watching the Olympics tonight, too. I think I'm a little sleep deprived, as we were up all Saturday night with poor vomiting Kari (this bug just never ends). Aubrey and I are the only ones who haven't gotten sick yet. There may be more tears in the coming days. Let's hope not.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Faith said...

Wow. You almost made me tear up! What a sweet post.

Kristi said...

Hey Andrea,
I was just thinking about Karyn and wondering about the baby. Do you know if anyone is putting together meals for them when they get home? If you know anything about it, I'd love to bring them a meal if it works out. Would you mind emailing me @ oneluckygirl@gmail.com? thanks! Kristi

Cheryl Licht said...

yeah for Karyn and Paul! And, I understand the tears ---

G&G Viertell said...

Hi Andrea! Jann here! I know what you mean!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leah and Eric headed home this morning leaving around 7:30ish. It just stinks to say "see you later" to all of them! I am crying today too!

Jenne said...

I love those (rare) times when simple things creates so much positive tear-y emotion. Here's to hundreds of Hallmark commercials all in a row.

The Miller Family said...

Hey I am thinking about you. I do the same thing quite often :)
Miss Ya