Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A little tease

Yesterday we had our 1/2 birthday kid celebration. I'm not sure I'll continue this tradition I started last year, but the kids enjoyed themselves and the new summer/outside toys.
My favorite part of the evening had nothing to do with the 1/2 birthday. It came when Greg was reading to the kids before bedtime. We've been reading A.A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh chapter books and have just started the next one, The House at Pooh Corner.
Greg was reading along:
Pooh was just going to say "Hallo!" for the fourth time when he thought that he wouldn't so he said "Who is it?" instead.
"Me," said a voice.
"Oh!" said Pooh. "Well, come here."
And then Kari chimed in with:
So Whatever-it-was came here, and in the light of the candle he and Pooh look at each other.
She knew the exact words! And she did it over and over again, finishing his sentences and quoting the next part. By this time they were both laughing hysterically. Greg kept asking her how she knew it, but she wouldn't tell him. He knew I had just gotten this book from the library last week and was totally baffled. I finally told him that she's been listening to the books on CD during her rest time (she doesn't usually nap anymore, just plays in her room for an hour and a half). I got the CDs at the library, and I didn't realized she'd listened to them that much, but apparently, she's listened enough!


Greg laughed so hard he cried.

8 comments:

Faith said...

That is HILARIOUS! I was smiling ear to ear the whole time I read that. How funny! I can just picture the whole thing. Oh and cute idea to cut the cake in half!

Wilson Family said...

Too cute!! Those are the memories to cherish - the ones that get us through those hard days! Isn't laughter great!?

G&G Viertell said...

That is so cute! Watch out Greg- she's only 4 1/2 and she can already trick Daddy!

G&G Viertell said...

That is so cute! Watch out Greg- she's only 4 1/2 and she can already trick Daddy!

The Miller Family said...

That is so funny! I love the pictures - feels like I was watching the whole thing:-)

Megan said...

So funny! That last picture is priceless. Kids are little sponges with amazing memories!

Whitworth Family said...

Andrea, I love looking at your blog and amazing family. This story made me laugh, great pictures. -Heidi

Cheryl Licht said...

There's nothing like a Moffat's laughter! If anyone is ever sad, they should just look at these pictures and all will be well again! Love you guys and miss you!
-Cheryl