Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy 1/2 Birthday!

Yesterday we celebrated Kari and Joel's half-birthdays. I've always wanted to do this for my kids, and since they both have winter birthdays a month apart, I decided we'd have a summer party. Don't worry, we didn't invite anyone else. :) It was just our little family of four. We got to sing Joel's favorite song ("happy birthday") many times, which he was excited about, and Kari was absolutely ecstatic about everything. I may try to post some video later. She was pretty funny.
Opening presents--outside summer toys.
Joel's holding pieces to their soccer net ($2.50 at Target--we didn't break the bank on this 1/2 birthday).
Testing out the new toys.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Paul, Karyn, Philip said...

cute Andrea! I love it! Especially the cake!I just told Paul that today was my actual half birthday, he was not nearly as excited as me!(guess that means no gift...)

Wilson Family said...

What a great idea! We'll have to try this!