Monday, June 18, 2007

Nearly Impossible Task

For all of you gardeners--how do you stay on top of the weeds in your garden? Is there a special trick or secret method? Last week I successfully weeded half of my garden, and I was very proud of my efforts and the results. Unfortunately, I have the other half still to go, and today I saw more weeds creeping up on the weeded side. Kari inspired this post. She got a hold of the camera, and as I was downloading other pictures I took, I saw these.

The unweeded side
The beautiful weed-free side
Photo of a flower Kari helped me plant along the walkway
Another photo of a flower Kari helped me plant along the walkway. We planted 12 of them, and she took a picture of every single one. Aunt Emily painted her toenails for her two weeks ago, and Kari is still very excited about her pink toenails.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I don't have any help for you about the weeds, Andrea! We planted a huge veggie garden at my mom's house (no room at ours!) and it became so overcome with weeds that no veggies came up and I had to spray and start over. I did some starts at my house so we'll just plant all of those soon and I also bought some organic weed stopper (I can't think of the brand name at the moment- Preen maybe?) for veggie gardens..hopefully this will help, but we haven't tried it yet!

Megan said...

My dad says to get the weeds with a hoe when they are small. If you get them early enough, you can even simply move the dirt around with your hand to kill the tiny weeds. Unfortunatly this is easier said than done (said by a woman whose garden is often full of weeds).