Saturday, March 10, 2007

Thinking of Papa

My great-grandpa, "Papa," went to be with Jesus last Tuesday, and we went down for his memorial service on Friday. It was a good day of just family being together and thinking of old memories about Papa.

Grandma used to help us kids sprinkle this "love" spice on Papa while he was sleeping in his chair. When he woke up, he was always so nice! Looking back, I wonder if he was really sleeping.






Papa used to take us to Bi-Mart to buy us "Nerds." I'll never be able to see this candy without thinking of Papa.

Here's Papa holding baby Kari.


Papa was a pretty gruff old grandpa, but we could see past all that. As long as he was able (and a couple times, even when he wasn't all that able), he always stood up from his chair to greet me and give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek when we visited. I remember when Jane came with me to visit Grandma and Papa. She got kissed, too, and was very surprised. :)

No comments: