Monday, September 10, 2012

A little bit of Grant-man

This afternoon, in an effort to keep Grant entertained and distracted while the other kids played outside with their neighborhood friends, I tried to enlist his "help" with our oh-so-fancy-and-nutritious dinner of chicken nuggets and fries (Greg wasn't eating with us). I said, "Grant, do you want to help me scrub the potatoes?" He promptly ran out the slider to the back yard, and I realized, a few moments too late, that he thought I said "pick the tomatoes." He ran back inside, arms full of green tomatoes and showed them to me with the cutest look of pride on his face. He truly thought he was helping me, and it was so very sweet. I couldn't be mad. This just isn't my year to have tomatoes, I guess.


















Grant and sleep just don't go together, never have. This last week Grant had his longest stretch of sleeping through the night--5 nights in a row! I ruined it, though, by telling people after the 5th night. Greg says it's like a "no hitter." We're not allowed to talk about it! Guess we've become superstitious. :)

This is how I found Grant two nights ago around 9pm--sound asleep on the bottom stair.  That particular night Greg was gone, and I chose to ignore Grant and let him wander about, and eventually, he gave in. Not sure this is the best method (pretty sure it's not, really), but it worked for me that night!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wilson Family said...

You truly have the best sleeping kids photos! Love it!