Thursday, March 08, 2012

Great Great Grandma Carrie

Every few weeks I try to go visit Grandma at her little retirement apartment with Aubrey and Grant while the other two are at school. It doesn't always work out to be that often with sicknesses and all. (I do NOT want to be responsible for making Grandma sick, so we're pretty cautious with that.) The kids love to go there. They wave and say hi to all the older people on their way in, pet Grandma's toy puppies outside her door, take their shoes off just inside the door, go give her hugs, and then head to the basket of toys. Grant's played catch with Grandma the last few times we've gone. He thinks she's pretty fun. This last time I brought my camera to document our visit. She had just gotten over pneumonia, but she was cheerful, as always, and dressed up with jewelry and all, just as she always is. I'm glad my kids get to know her and that she's close enough that we can visit often.




1 comment:

Becky Pamer said...

Beautiful! :)