Sunday, November 27, 2011

95th Birthday Celebration

My great-grandma (my mom's grandma) turned 95 years old on November 23rd, and a bunch of family gathered at my parents' newly finished house to celebrate with her. It's amazing to think of what she's seen in her lifetime--95 years. Wow. She moved to an apartment at a retirement home here in Gresham last spring, and it's been so nice to have her close-by. The kids and I like to stop by and visit. She ends up with more artwork than she knows what to do with sometimes, I think. :)
She is one special lady. I admire, love, and respect her so much, and I'm so glad my kids have gotten to know her.

Opening her presents and cards











I like this one of Mom and Grandma











Grandma and just some of her great-great grandchildren (plus baby-holders).
Grant played with my great uncle, Gene, and Joan for quite a while.












Everyone who was able to make it that night.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Faith said...

That is unreal! She does not look 95! I thought it was pretty rare that my kids have had all these great grandparents these years..your kids have a great GREAT grandma! Pretty cool

Greg and Andrea said...

Faith, I'll be sure and pass on your compliment. She loves to hear people say that. :) She's always been young at heart, too.

Cheryl Licht said...

Wow, that's totally amazing. What a legacy you have from her! And yes, she continues to look incredible -- lots of life left in that lady!!!