Saturday, October 01, 2011

Virtual Tour

It's been two months since we moved here, and most of our boxes have been unpacked and put away, so it's time for some photos. I have a long ways to go in making it feel "homey." I still have almost nothing on the walls, but that's ok. We'll get there, and we have years to work on it, at least that's what I keep telling myself. :)




Here's what you see when you walk in the front door. This room was totally empty before we got a new smaller table to go in the kitchen, and now it's just mostly empty!






Eventually I envision this being a little sitting area--a small sofa, a couple of chairs on either side of the window. I think it's where our Christmas tree will go in a few months. For now, though, it's a nice big area for the kids to run around.






















I am loving our kitchen. I have trouble keeping clutter off the island, though. I cleared it off for my photo, but it was back moments later. Stuff just WANTS to live there!
















 Family room/great room. To the right of the bathroom is our office/den, which has become the catch-all room, kind of a mess. Laundry room is to the left of the  bathroom and leads into the garage.


I need some color inspiration for our downstairs. I can't decide what I want or what will work, so neutrals it is, for now.


When you get to the top of the stairs you see color emanating from the kids' rooms. Kari's pink room seems to glow, and there's no missing the orange in Joel and Aubrey's room. Our room is to the right of the orange room.




Mom M. painted both Kari's and Joel and Aubs' rooms before we moved in. It was wonderful, and the kids were so pleased. The orange is only on the two walls, and I really like it! It's bright and fun, and it just works.




Our room is huge, and we have almost nothing in it! :) Greg says that someday we'll put some chairs up here and hang out in our "suite" when the kids are older and have taken over the rest of the house with their friends.




Grant's room is to the right of Kari's room across the hall from our room and Joel and Aubrey's. Here are his stripes again (had to include it for my "tour")




Here's Kari's very pink room. She loves her room, and we love having her in her own room once again. It's been a good thing for all of us.

Her room always looks like this, by the way. Everything has a place, and everything is in its place, always. She can tell if someone has been in her room while she's been gone at school, even if we try to put it back the way it was.



And this just might be my favorite room in the house. I LOVE that the toys are no longer crowded into bedrooms or my living room. I LOVE that when kids come to play, I can say, "Let's go up to the playroom!" It's so wonderful. The room gets lots of light from all the windows, and it's just a cheery place to play. I have all kinds of ideas for this space, but we'll do it little by little, as time and money allows, just like everything else.




We are so thankful for our home and still marvel at the way God orchestrated our move. The kids have many playmates on our street. We're surrounded by families with kids. Yesterday I made cookies for an after school treat, and I think I fed half the neighborhood! If we can get our back yard in order (and get along with the picky HOA), I think we'll be very happy here and stay a very long time, Lord-willing!

2 comments:

Denee said...

Oh my goodness, how fun!! And look at all that SPACE! I'm so glad God blessed you with space. I can only imagine how claustrophobic you guys must have been feeling in your other house. And it's exciting that there's so much room for creativity!

Cheryl Licht said...

I'm so thankful for you too! It looks fabulous, and yes, it just takes time. We finally got rid of our 1970s entry way light for a more updated version last week. Your pictures are so great thanks for sharing, but most of all, it "feels" like an amazing home! Love you guys!!!!