Saturday, October 29, 2011

Carving

Eating apples and caramel and carving pumpkins made for a fun Thursday evening. Grant was one tired little boy and went to bed a little after 6pm. It worked out pretty well since he would have wanted in on the action and wouldn't have been able to do anything anyway.

We tried making mini-caramel apples like some I saw on Pinterest, and while tasty, they didn't really work. I've actually sucessfully used several ideas found on pinterest lately, but this one was a fail. I felt better, though, when Kari's class did real caramel apples at school yesterday, and the caramel fell off theirs, too. I think we'll stick with caramel apple dip--not as cute, but a lot less work and a lot less mess!


Finished jack-o-lanterns and happy carvers/scrapers.

1 comment:

Eric 'n Leah said...

I THINK the caramel slips off of WAXED apples....so you have to find tree picked ones that haven't been waxed, or organic ones that have not been waxed. That's my guess. ;-)