Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The Adventures of Andy the Monkey

Greg did something special for the kids while he was gone in Ireland. He took a little stuffed beanie baby-type monkey with him and had "Andy the Monkey" write emails with photos to go along with them. The kids looked forward to those "Andy Monkey" e-mails each day. They loved it, and so did I! Here's a sampling of the e-mails he sent and a smattering of the many photos:

Kari, Joel, and Aubrey:
This is Andy the monkey writing to you. I wanted to tell you about my adventure. You see, I 'snuck' into your Daddy's suitcase, and I am on the trip with him!!! At first he wasn't so sure, but since he couldn't leave me behind, he decided that he would bring me with him, and we could hang out together while on his trip.

I wanted you to see a few pictures of what we did today. The first one is of me at a restaurant in the airport this morning. I got hungry, so we shared a plate of biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, and some OJ.


The second pic is of me riding the train from the airport as we headed into the city of Vancouver to look around for the day. We watched some soccer at a restaurant, and ate lunch outside near the waterfront. The 3rd photo is of me touring the city, and taking a break on a fire hydrant after all that walking! Finally, I headed towards the water to look at the ships, they were big. I am sure I will have more to share this next week, so stay tuned and I will try to write you again in a few days.


Bye,
Monkey Andy
P.S. From Daddy- I love you all VERY much, and I hope that you had a fun time at Miles' party.
.........................................................................................................................................................
Hey there kids, it's Andy. Your dad mentioned that he told you he thought I would write today, so I better.


Another longer day at the forklift building plant. This time, I asked your dad to get my picture on a forklift. And he did, sort of. After we had built up a transmission, he said he would take me over to a forklift and take my picture. He walked over and set me down on a forklift alright, a BARE forklift frame with no wheels!!!! I was not happy about it, but he laughed and laughed and thought it was SOOOOO funny.
Next, he took me over to a real forklift, and I got to drive it! Joel, it was a black and yellow one. The two pictures he took show my different forklift 'rides'.


Well, it's about 10 pm over here, and time for bed. Your Dad is going to read for a bit, while I sleep tight on my bed. He was excited to talk to you guys and hear your voices.


Oh yeah, I almost forgot. He wanted me to remind you to take care of your mommy and the Aubs. Can you keep doing that for him?


Alright, time to sleep.......
Andy the monkey

4 comments:

Wilson Family said...

What a great idea!!!

Jenne said...

Seriously. Amazing father your children have. I am just shaking my head in wonder.

Pate Family said...

That is fabulous! Great job Greg!

Wilson Family said...

I guess Jen really liked this idea. See above. Seriously, that is great! Although I am not sure about the monkey being named Andy. Hopefully there is not a subtle message in there.... Glad to have you back.