Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's here

Every six hours Aubrey's temp creeps up to 104 degrees, and every six hours we administer the motrin to bring it back down a couple degrees. Yes, the flu has arrived in our household, but so far Aubrey's the only one down. She's doing pretty well, all things considered. She saw the dr today (just because she's under two and considered "high risk" for complications), and he put her on Tamiflu. Hopefully that will help her get over it quickly and make her feel better. Kari and Joel both got the first of two doses of H1N1 flu mist 10 days ago--not much time to build up those antibodies. We'll see what the rest of our week holds!

3 comments:

Stephanie L. said...

Oh... Andrea! I was hoping your self-induced quarantine would work. I guess it was inevitable with everyone that has it! I hope Joel and Kari stay in the clear. Let us know if we can do something! We're just 2 minutes away... Amaya timed it the other day. She's into that lately :)

Jenne said...

I got an email that said we can hinder the proliferation of the flu bug inour mouth and nose using saltwater. gargle, and nose-swab. Plus hot drinks to wash down the rest of them. its worth a try, huh? (I gargled & swabbed today.)

Cheryl Licht said...

Sorry Andrea. It's a bummer, I sat with my littlest for 5 days --- I just feel so bad for them. Get well soon Aubrey, and the rest of you don't need to get it!