Monday, October 26, 2009

Harvest Party

Ok, so it was a Halloween party without the witches and scary stuff, and it was REALLY fun! The older kids from church (and their parents) hosted the party for the younger ones. We had great weather, great food, and the kids had such a great time with all the activities planned for them. They were excited they got to wear their costumes before Halloween, and it was good to have a trial run, too, because I discovered that the underskirt I made for Kari's dress needs to be cinched in so it doesn't fall off when she walks (no, I did not make the dress--that's beyond my sewing capabilities), and I now know it takes over a half hour to straighten Kari's hair to be "just like Alice."

The fam

Our host,Spock, and a bunch of kids gathered to watch the chickens. Aubrey was quite enthralled with those chickens.

The mini-hayride (pulled by the riding lawn mower--ingenious!) with T-Rex Joel, Jellyfish Maggie (Isn't Maggie's jellyfish costume great? You can see it in the photo above, too.), and Alice in Wonderland Kari

Froggie Aubrey and her friend Flower child Abigail.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Faith said...

CUTE! I can't get over how much Kari looks like Greg and how much Joel looks like you..it's so fun! Aubrey seems to be a mix?! I don't know..I'm sure, like us..you hear it all!

Curtis and Jane said...

Great family picture!!