Sunday, February 15, 2009

Milestones for the girls

Aubrey's finally feeling better (on the second round of antibiotics for the ear infections) and acting more like herself.
Post-bath baby

And look who's standing alone! Aubrey took her first steps on Friday--so much fun.

And Kari is reading! Her teacher told me last week that Kari was able to read various three letter words, so I quizzed her, and sure enough, she could do it. Grandma M. recommended the Bob books, so I got some from the library, and Kari read her first book today, with some help, of course, but still, she's reading! I am so excited for her!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Ellie said...

I love the Bob books! I remember reading those when I was little. : )

Eric 'n Leah said...

ohhh, I am SO excited for the day Maggie can do that!!!! SO SO SO excited!

Denee said...

Yes, the Bob books are great! I used them in my classroom all the time. And since they're all bound together when you get them from the library, it makes them feel like they're reading a really big book, one in which they had to use a bookmark to save their place. Fun! I'll bet Kari is so proud.

Wilson Family said...

READING?!?!? WOW! How exciting! It will be opening up a whole new world for her! =)

Pate Family said...

Yeah Kari! So fun!

The Miller Family said...

I have a bunch of Bob books...they are great! Ellie loves reading them. If you need more let me know and we can give you a stack. So fun to see them reading!