Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines cookies, sort of

We've been missing an element of fun around here lately with kids being sick, and so I put some extra effort into making sure I did something fun with the kids this week. This is one of those activities. When I got out the big box of cookie cutters and started pulling out all the pink hearts and Valentine's Day cookie cutters Joel protested that "pink is for girls!" (Actually, "girls" still comes out sounding like "gwirls," and I love it.) So, he picked out the car and the fire engine, and then we turned some of my pink frosting into green. Red would have been the logical color choice, but I hate making red frosting. It takes way too much food coloring, so we have pink hearts and green fire engines and cars, with sprinkles, of course.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hint, hint: red food coloring: Get the type professional cake decorators use, at the Decorette Shop on Foster & about 52nd (You'll know the place when you see pink...). It comes as a little jar of paste (about $2) & very little is needed for a real red color. You can get all the vivid colors, including bright orange for OSU. Oops, I mean, for pumpkins...
Have fun there--Rainy