Saturday, February 16, 2008

Zoo Day

The sunny weather prompted a trip to the zoo this morning. Joel has always been fascinated with the fake bears near the entrance. They're one of his favorite attractions--ironic, isn't it?

The orangutangs are one of my favorite exhibits, but the last several times we've gone, they have been asleep in the corners and all covered up. Today they were actually awake and playing. This one was looking at us (very interested in the pretzels we were eating) until I brought out the camera. Then he (or she?) lost interest.

Snack time



Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of the highlight of this zoo trip. I sat on a bench and waited (too much walking for this pregnant mommy) while Greg took the kids through Lorekeet Landing. They were in there a long time, so I figured they must have been having fun. They fed the birds a cup of nectar, and at one point there were eight birds sitting on Joel and Kari. They loved it!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Miller Family said...

The Zoo - what a great idea!
I love this sunshine. Makes me ready for Spring!
Great pictures :)

B.E. ing Arnold said...

I am so glad you had a nice family day at the zoo...perhaps the last time as a family of 4! We are so excited for Aubrey to join us.
Love you,
Aunt Emmie and Uncle Frian
p.ss check out our blog sometime!

Kristi said...

No Way! We were at the zoo yesterday too! I wonder if we were there at the same time..we arrived around 11.

Greg and Andrea said...

We got there around 9:45am, but didn't leave until almost noon, so we were there at the same time for a while. We always end up staying longer than we plan to, and I've finally learned to bring lunch/snacks no matter what time we think we'll leave.