Thursday, February 21, 2008

Should have thought this one through

The box of beans has stayed up in the closet for many months, and today Kari asked if she and Joel could play with them. I agreed, thinking it would entertain the kids for a while while I got a couple things done around the house, and then it would take them a while to pick them up, too. Well, it did entertain them. They played beautifully with the beans on the sheet, using the measuring cups and funnels appropriately. Then phone rang. While I was on the phone, things got a little out of control. The "swimming" began, sheet and cups abandoned, and soon beans were strewn about our entire living room. I got out the camera because both kids were having so much fun, but then I (9 months pregnant) spent the next half hour on my hands and knees picking up beans with my children, who it turns out are not capable of picking them all up by themselves. Not such a brilliant idea after all. I'll be smarter next time.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

G&G Viertell said...

Hi Andrea & Greg! Sorry we missed you last weekend when we were there, but we wanted to let you know that we are praying for you all and little Aubrey! Hope all goes smoothly!She will share a birthday with my sister Tracie and my uncle George on Monday the 25th! See you next time we are up! Jann and Gary

The Miller Family said...

That look like great fun! We have tried the beans and rice too but it stays on the kitchen floor...easy clean-up! I am surprised that 1000 bean pick-up didn't send you into labor.