Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Aubrey's official arrival


7 lbs 15 1/2 oz
19 in


I remembered the camera tonight. We had another good day at the hospital. Maybe Aubrey will be our quiet, easy going child. Kari and Joel have made a few stops a day, and really have had a good time (for about 20 minutes before one of them announces that they are ready to go).

Andrea is doing about as good as expected, and I was encouraged to see her all ready for the day when I made it in this morning.

We have decided today that she is definitely a mix of the siblings, and I am hoping for Auburn hair when all is said and done.



Us with Baby Aubrey

Joel-boy with baby sister (once he finally warmed up to the idea)

Kari has been loving Aubs from the minute she met her ( some folks would think of Bree for a nickname, I prefer Aubs. Andrea is in the former category).

Aubrey getting printed. She has her daddy's freaky toes, a Miller family (my mom) trait that Eric, Ryan and I all have been blessed with. Is it common to have a second toe longer than the first one? It's either that, or else Uncle Brian's huge feet.


We have already had so much support from Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, other family, friends and other well wishers. Thanks to all for making this a wonderful experience. We can't wait for you to meet her. I am planning on bringing Andrea and Aubrey home tomorrow sometime.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Congrats you guys! I thought about you on Monday. She's beautiful and Andrea looks way too good to just have had a baby. All my after-birth photos, I'd like to burn!

The Miller Family said...

She is so beautiful! I cannot wait to hold her. I love Joel and Kari's smiles while they are holding their new baby sister.
See you soon :)

The Alley Family said...

What a great big sister Kari is going to be, it already seems they have a sister connection:) How sweet.
congrats,
Janelle

The Alley Family said...

What a great big sister Kari is going to be, it already seems they have a sister connection:) How sweet.
congrats,
Janelle

B.E. ing Arnold said...

I can describe my new niece in one word- a doll! She is so cute, sweeet, and gentle- just perfect! I am very proud. We have enjoyed playing with KariLynn and Joel Boy the past few days. It is so hard to remember both of them at Aubs' age. Crazy. Can't wait to see her personality mature over time. We will continue to pray over her and the entire family for health and recovery.
Aunt Emily

Wilson Family said...

Congrats guys! Andrea - what a wonderful new mother picture! We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet little Aubrey!

Jason and Ranae said...

Congrats! What a beautiful addition to an already beautiful family. Look forward to meeting Aubrey!