Friday, April 01, 2022

Dad's retirement

At the end of February, my dad retired from full-time ministry, most recently as the pastor at Cornerstone, the church he started when Kari was a baby. We are amazed at how God brought us two young pastors to carry the torch and how well they and their families fit into our church body. The transition of Skyler coming on was almost seamless. It really couldn't have gone much better, and I think my dad's gracious handover was the main reason for that. He trusted God to bring the right person along and trusted as he eased his way out, supporting Skyler and building him up. Then God brought us our youth pastor, Caleb, and that has been a huge blessing, too, as Shauna had her twins and needed to step down at that same time. It was emotional for me to think of my dad no longer being my pastor, but now that's it's done, I can see it is good. My dad's stress levels are so much lower, and he's getting to do the things he loves and does not have to do the things he doesn't. We are thankful for the ways in which God has blessed Cornerstone and look forward to watching what He does in and through our church in the coming years. 





No comments: