Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter

This Easter was not picture perfect—didn’t do the “grassy tomb,” were late to the Good Friday service, baskets were just so-so, Greg wasn’t able to join us at church as he was still recovering, no family Easter photo, and I didn’t do all the things I normally do to celebrate, because life has been crazy. But it’s ok. Jesus didn’t die just for put-together, polished people. He died for messy, broken, sinners like me. He lived, died, and rose again, so that we can live forever with him and enjoy a perfect, new earth with him someday…if we choose to accept this gift. That is good news, and that gives me hope. Happy Easter! (I did manage to snag a photo of all four kids before we headed into church this morning ☺️).

I made an Easter meal of ham, cheesy potatoes, and Grandma Carrie beans that we all ate together, and then the kids drove over to Grandpa and Grandma Arnold's for a visit and then over to Grandpa and Grandma Moffat's. Greg wasn't quite up for going anywhere yet, so he and I stayed home. It was a good plan for the situation we found ourselves in. 






 

No comments: