Wednesday, December 30, 2020

New Oven

The same week Kari and Joel got sick, our oven decided to quit working.  Greg took the broiler element out to test it and discovered it wasn't the broiler. It was the control board. I researched online and discovered there was an appliance shortage and the part we needed was backordered until March--three months away! I called local appliance stores and found out they couldn't get what we needed until March either--the control board or a new oven. I was getting very discouraged, trying to solve this issue. We need an oven that works! I finally was able to find one through Home Depot, and miraculously, they were able to deliver it later that week. I still don't know how this happened when NO ONE around could get us an oven. I think it was a gift from God. :-) 

Mom and Dad masked up and came over to help Greg install it the day after it was delivered. Of course, it wasn't an easy install. They had to saw into the wall behind the oven in order to reconfigure where the hoses could fit, but they were successful, and I had a working oven again, before Christmas even! 



No comments: