Saturday, May 07, 2016

Time with kids

I was able to go on Aubrey's class field trip to OMSI this last week. (Thanks, Mom, for picking up Grant from preschool so I could go!) I was responsible for a group of three girls, including Aubrey, and we got to explore the exhibits for two and a half hours. The girls dissected owl pellets in one of the labs, which they thought was very cool. They found all kinds of tiny rodent bones in their pellets. One of the girls was a bit of a wanderer/runner, and I lost her at least five times, but we always found her again. She wasn't worried in the slightest! We had a really fun time. I'm thankful to be able to do things like this with my kids.




The school year is winding down, especially for Grant, who only has two more weeks of preschool, and I've been enjoying my time with him. I've been feeling nostalgic, thinking about all the "lasts"--last preschool program, last "muffins with mom," last few weeks of having just Grant at home with me. I'm soaking up this time. I see how the youngest gets a little spoiled sometimes. ;-)

quick date at Bella Cupcake

Hanging out with me while I did some sewing. He organized my pin cushion by color. That gene may have made its way into this one, too, at least a little! 
Visiting the chicks at Burns Feed Store
Watching DinoTracks with his dinosaur slippers on



Muffins with Mom at preschool


No comments: