Monday, May 30, 2016

Moments of bliss

There are times when I feel so overwhelmingly blessed, so grateful that I have been able to stay at home with my kids. A couple weeks ago, on a sunny weekday, I experienced a time like that. We didn't have anywhere we needed to go, dinner was already prepped, and I felt pretty caught up on our household chores, so Grant and I headed out to the backyard. I sat in a chair with my feet up and read the last few chapters of my book while Grant played with some toys on a blanket beside me. Eventually, I joined him on the blanket in the shade, and we just sat there, enjoying the time outside. It was just such a peaceful, relaxing afternoon, both of us content and happy. Loved it.





Another day, we'd had a busy morning with lots of errands and cleaning, and it was time for a break. Grant chose to play the game, Headbands, basically a guessing game in which you're trying to deduce what is on your own forehead by asking yes and no questions. He loves it, and we laughed so much! It was another moment of bliss. This time with 5-year-old Grant is coming to a close, and I'm soaking it up.





No comments: