Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day

Today is not Valentine's Day, but in the kids' minds, it is because today is when they have their parties at school. When I did the math, adding up the number of classmates each kid has, I was astounded to see that we would need 108 valentines this year! I just didn't have it in me to make 108 valentines with the kids, so we bought them this year (on sale, thankfully!).


I was also thankful we did them last weekend because we've had sick kids all week. Greg and I haven't been feeling all that great either, so no one had energy to be working on Valentines or boxes. Aubrey and I finished her box last weekend, too. It turned out pretty cute!



On Monday Grant and I made sugar cookies and the yarn hearts we usually make for the teachers' valentines. He was my string cutter and did a mighty fine job with it, too.



I made an effort to do Valentine's Day hair for Aubrey this morning. Fancy hairdos speak love to her, and after the week of sickness we've had, with her being the only fully-well member of the family, she needed some extra care and attention.

Kari went back to school Thursday, and Joel's fever finally went away yesterday, so he was able to go back to school today, just in time for the party. ;-) Hoping we're on the path to wellness for everyone now.


No comments: