Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Neighborhood Fun

Our kids are rarely left wanting for playmates. Besides each other, they have a bunch of neighborhood kids who are always ready to play. Our street alone is full of kids. A few weeks ago, our next door neighbor put together a game of street wiffle ball, which was pretty fun.
 
 


Yesterday I decided to abandon my housework and laundry and play with the kids for the afternoon. It was a good decision. It was me and 10 kids out there for a couple hours. :) We cut up sponges and rubberbanded them together to make "water bombs." The kids played a few different games with the "bombs" before it became an all-out water fight. They mindfully took a time-out to go put on their swimsuits, then resumed the war. I became a spectator on the porch at that point, content to read my book while keeping an eye on things.  It was a warm, sunny day, but not too hot in the shade--perfect. Loving summer!






1 comment:

donna thompson said...

For years I had a permanently worn spot in our yard from neighborhood wiffle ball games. It's so much fun to have a good group of neighborhood kids!