Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bruiser

Today was Grant's one-year well child visit, and I had to take him with a fading black eye and a fresh, big goose egg on his forehead. Thankfully, our doctor and everyone in the doctor's office know us pretty well, so I wasn't really too worried about what they'd say when they saw him. They know one-year olds, too. He is constantly tripping, running into things, and falling down. I guess that's what happens when a baby starts walking at 10 months...and is a little reckless...and has three older siblings. He's pretty tough, though! The black eye was from his sister (the littler one). He was going up the stairs (someone forgot to close the gate), and Aubrey was coming down. In her own words: "I was trying to go down, but Grant was in my way, so I pushed him out of the way." It was pretty bad. He had a nasty bruise on his cheek and a black eye to go with it. The one on the forehead was from the corner of a chair that was nearby when he tripped.

People have been asking if Grant is short for his age, and now I have the answer--no, not really. His stats today were 30 1/4 in, 23 lbs 4 oz--60th percentile in both. He's solid, that's for sure, a dense, square little guy.


Grant enjoys his food these days. He makes a big mess at almost every meal. He is not a tidy eater.

Just another photo of our smiley little man.

No comments: