Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mancamping (thanks for the title, Mr. Frederick)

Greg here.  This past weekend I took a two day camping trip with Joel, and Kari came for the second night.  The 'goal' of the trip was father-son bonding with other dads and sons from our church, that we might be able to actively teach our sons about the role of a husband/dad.  We had a blast running over bridges, hiking, throwing rocks in the river, catching frogs, making spears, chopping wood, burning wood, eating smores.  You get the picture.  But the true joys for me were the memories we made.  It was truly a great time with both of my kids, and hopefully this can become something of a tradition.

Oh yeah, it was kind of cold at night.  We were up at Lost creek, near Zigzag heading up Mt. Hood.  Thanks to my lovely wife for letting me go (and no, she didn't make me write this).


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wilson Family said...

Yep, we gotta do this again. Thanks for helping jen out today!