Saturday, May 21, 2011

Six months later than his siblings, but...

IT HAPPENED. IT FINALLY HAPPENED! GRANT SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! He slept 10 hours, 8pm-6am, and I got EIGHT HOURS OF SLEEP! Yes, I am shouting. It has been a year and a half since I've had eight hours of sleep (since before I was pregnant--Grant's 9 1/2 months old), and this is an exciting day! I don't expect it to happen again tonight, as he has sporadic sleeping patterns and was up twice the night before, but it does give me hope.

I am one happy mama. Joel is finally recovered from his surgery. (It was a long 12 days of recovery, but he's all well.) We had two days of sunshine (wet out right now, but I'm still basking in yesterday's sun). I just got a good night's rest, and our entire family is well at this very moment. This is rarity in our family these days, so rejoice we must! We found out Monday that Grant needs tubes in his ears, but that surgery isn't until June 9th. I'm praying that he won't get an ear infection between now and then.

I haven't taken many photos lately but here's some from a couple weeks ago that I just found on the camera. Family photos are nearly impossible. Sometime we'll enlist the help of a professional. :)


first attempt


second attempt



third attempt


fourth attempt


fifth attempt: Ok, I give up!



















This was the best one I got of the kids. :-) I'll try again another time, but it won't be with the tulips because they're done. I will have to remember to plant some big, beautiful tulips at our next house (wherever that may be). These yellow ones make me happy every spring.
 

2 comments:

Mark Moffat said...

YEAHHHH!!!! We rejoice with you!!!
Mom

Cheryl Licht said...

Andrea, that is fantastic! I'm so happy for you and may it continue!!!! And btw, I love your family pictures. We're do for some family photos thus summer too, I think I shall enlist Kara again, she is my favorite!