Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring break

Greg's having to work some long hours this week, but the kids and I are enjoying Kari's time off of school. We've had some lazier mornings, some later nights, and done some fun things. Last weekend we worked in the garden (still weed-free!) and the kids helped me plant peas, carrots, and onions in the ground and pumpkins, cucumbers, and different onions in smaller containers to start inside. Kari is especially into gardening and spaced the seeds EXACTLY the way I instructed her. Joel got the job done quickly without quite as much interest, and thanks to exuberant gardener Aubrey, our carrots are going to be all over the place and not in neat, tidy rows.

We don't see many messy photos like this of Aubrey anymore because, for one, she's older, but also because she just doesn't eat much these days. I had to document the fact that two nights ago she actually ate her tostada dinner and LIKED it (see it all over her face?)! I left the shredded chhese a little too close to her spot and realized it too late, but I was so happy she was eating, I didn't mind cleaning up the big mess when she was done.
The kids have spent quite a bit of time playing outside in the sandbox and on the swings in the backyard, but today it's windy and wet, so they're doing inside things. Aubrey wasn't supposed to be in this one, but just as I was pushing the button, she stuck her head in. :) Funny girl. Can you tell she's feeling better?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cheryl Licht said...

I can't believe it's warm enough somewhere to plant a garden!

Wilson Family said...

Wow, your weed-free garden looks amazing! I'm jealous! =) We're back from vacation, so maybe we can start working on our garden tomorrow, its FULL of weeds!!